Data is a powerful tool
It impacts how the SD Tobacco Control Program, coalitions, and local organizations develop initiatives to align with State Plan goals.
South Dakota uses a variety of reports and dashboards to gather key data on tobacco use that can help:
- Shape advocacy efforts as you hone in on your community’s needs
- Inform policy-making efforts
- Track successes and shape further areas of focus
- Identify priority populations and populations at risk
When you report and share your data, you play an important part in creating the full picture of tobacco cessation results in South Dakota.
We encourage partners to:
- Use data to create robust advocacy and policy efforts
- Distribute data widely to inform related community efforts
- Track and report tobacco cessation efforts statistics to keep South Dakota’s data accurate
Find SD QuitLine service utilization data and coalition reports on tobacco use rates by county or priority population.
We’ve gathered a collection of our most used go-to check-here-first reports for quick and easy reference.
Get familiar with evidence-based tobacco control messages, websites, social media platforms, materials, and partners.
Reference these trusted sources to help counter misinformation and stay up to date on national trends, data, and events.
Tobacco Control Data Dashboard
Meet Our Brands
The South Dakota Tobacco Control Program’s goal is to reduce tobacco/nicotine use and tobacco-related disease. We work with partners and programs statewide to educate and raise awareness related to prevention strategies and cessation services. Branding plays a key role in reaching specific audiences. The South Dakota QuitLine is our flagship service for cessation. Rethink It is our prevention focused brand. Find Your Power was developed specifically for Native American’s in South Dakota and Good & Healthy is our resource for health-related policy and programs.