Youth and Young Adults: 2019 Outcomes
Tobacco use rates remain high among youth (29.7%) and young adults (23.1%). Cessation for those who are using tobacco products at a young age can mitigate the long-term health consequences of tobacco use.
- 397 (1.5%) enrolled in SD QuitLine services.
- 195 phone service enrollments
- 199 Kickstart Kits
- 3 Quit Guides
- Most youth and young adults using the SD QuitLine enrolled online.
- 43.6% enrolled by phone.
- 2.0% were referred by a healthcare professional.
- 54.4% enrolled on the website.
- Youth and young adults using the SD QuitLine had a quit rate of 43.5%.
- This is higher than the quit rate of participants age 25 and older, and higher than the quit rate across national quitlines.
If you are unable to download files or access tools on this website, it may be due to your facility’s firewall protection. Ask your IT administrator to whitelist BeFreeSD.com so you have access to this important anti-tobacco information. For further questions, please reach out to the SD Tobacco Control Program.