Tobacco Users with a Mental Health or Substance Use Disorder: 2017 Outcomes
In 2017, there were an estimated 44,913 tobacco users with a mental health or substance use disorder in South Dakota.
- 2,601 (5.8%) enrolled in SD QuitLine services.
- 1,621 reported a mental health disorder
- 394 reported a substance use disorder
- 586 reported both mental health and substance use disorders
- 2,339 phone
- 250 Kickstart Kits
- 12 Quit Guides
- 92.3% of those enrolled completed at least one coaching call.
- 85.3% enrolled by phone.
- 6.6% were referred by a healthcare provider.
- 8.1% enrolled on the website.
If you are unable to download files or access tools on this website, it may be due to your facility’s firewall protection. Ask your IT administrator to whitelist BeFreeSD.com so you have access to this important anti-tobacco information. For further questions, please reach out to the SD Tobacco Control Program.